There hasn’t been a runDisney race at Disneyland in California in 5 years. That feels like a very long time. West Coast runDisney enthusiasts have been forced to go the extra (2,000) miles to get to races in Florida. That’s all about to change! As of this writing we are less than 2 days away from general registration, and since it’s been a minute, it’s worth reviewing the process.
I’m lucky enough to be in Club runDisney, so I registered myself for Dumbo Double Dare this week, but to attempt to get my family into the 5K, I’ll be joining the Thunderdome/Hunger Games event with the rest of you on Tuesday.
So let’s go over the basics:
- Registration starts at 7 a.m. PT / 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Plan on being on the runDisney site, logged into your account about 15 min early (it’s import to be on sometime before the clock strikes the hour)
- Navigate to the events page
- Sometime before 7 PT/ 10 ET the “Registration Opening Soon” link will change to “Register”
- Click “Register” as soon as you see it
- This places you in the virtual waiting room. DO NOT hit refresh
- The waiting room is like a lottery. At exactly 10 a.m. you’ll pe placed on the queue page based on the results of the lottery
- ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DO NOT REFRESH
- As much as runDisney hates it, it’s beneficial to do this on multiple devices. They tell you not to, I’m sure because of the server load, but every device is essentially another free lottery ticket, so you do the math
Can I register more than one person?
Sure, but you can only use one form of payment. Try to keep your wits about you and be careful about who you’re registering for what. The process can feel a bit panicky… breathe deep and focus.
Can I register for more than one event?
Yes, but see above note about keeping your cool. Basically you’re building a shopping cart for one checkout – and you need to do it all at once. If you try to get through the queue more than once, you will most likely leave empty handed.
Are there dicounts for Passholders or DVC members?
Nope. Everyone pays full price. Womp, womp.
What other info do I need?
T-shirt size, emergency contact info. These can be changed later, worst case you swap your shirt at the expo. Don’t let these questions slow you down.
Can I pre-order merchandise?
Yes, but see above note about keeping your cool. Merchandise orders can be added later. Don’t spend time trying to decide which pins you want and miss out on your race.
But… Just in case you want to see what they’re offering and for how much, I did grab some screenshots when I registered. No merchandise pics yet. I imagine they’re still working on it. Sorry these aren’t edited into a pretty collage, but you get what you pay for 🙂
With that, I’m going to turn my attention to Princess packing. And may the odds be ever in your favor.